A firewall is software and/or hardware that is designed to keep hackers from getting onto your system and causing problems or stealing data. You probably want to be running some kind of firewall, because your faster connection makes you a more attractive target. JBN Telephone's modems provide firewall protection, but it is recommended that you also enable the firewall that comes standard with most computers and/or antivirus software packages.
Articles in this section
- Troubleshoot your Internet Issues
- How do I set up Email on my device?
- Our Response to the COVID-19 Virus
- Free Public WiFi locations now available
- What is a firewall? Do I need one?
- What is malware, and how do I get rid of it?
- Why is it important to do my updates?
- Why should I use a surge protector or battery backup?
- Why should I use antivirus software?
- How many email addresses do I get with my high-speed Internet service?