A good surge protector might cost you $40. A very basic battery backup will cost you anywhere from $60-$100. That might seem like a lot of money but consider this: A modem can cost as much as $75. A new monitor will cost you somewhere around $80 at the very least, and you probably wouldn't be able to replace your computer for less than $300-$1000. All of these things can be damaged or destroyed by power surges. That's why you should have a surge protector, or battery backup. We also recommend when severe storms are expected that you unplug your valuable electronic devices.
Articles in this section
- How do I set up Email on my device?
- Our Response to the COVID-19 Virus
- Free Public WiFi locations now available
- What is a firewall? Do I need one?
- What is malware, and how do I get rid of it?
- Why is it important to do my updates?
- Why should I use a surge protector or battery backup?
- Why should I use antivirus software?
- How many email addresses do I get with my high-speed Internet service?
- Can I connect more than one computer to the Internet?