There are a lot of people out there who make it their goal to make other people miserable. Viruses are a perfect example of this. Windows is the most common PC operating system, which makes it attractive to virus makers. In fact, you should not use a windows computer on the Internet without up-to-date antivirus software. Apple computers are targeted less often, but Mac users should also run up-to-date virus protection. The thing to remember is that some viruses can destroy your computer. If you compare $30-$40 for antivirus software, to $200 or more to repair a dead computer, it really makes sense to get the software.
Articles in this section
- How do I set up Email on my device?
- What is a firewall? Do I need one?
- What is malware, and how do I get rid of it?
- Why is it important to do my updates?
- Why should I use a surge protector or battery backup?
- Why should I use antivirus software?
- How many email addresses do I get with my high-speed Internet service?
- Can I connect more than one computer to the Internet?
- How can I keep my kids safe on the Internet?
- Why can I load some Web pages but not others?